When I was growing up, my mom didn’t teach me a lot about “girly stuff,” which included how to apply and wear makeup. She never wore a lot of makeup from what I can remember, so everything that I learned I had taught myself or read in magazines. I never had gotten color matched to make sure that my foundation was the right shade for my skin or if it was the right kind of formula; I pretty much just eye balled it and went about my way. I use to wear makeup frequently during my junior high (middle school) and high school years, but as I got a bit older I stopped wearing it as much and honestly, I think it has a lot to do with me gaining weight and just not feeling pretty enough even to wear makeup! The other day I decided to head to the MAC cosmetics counter to get color matched and have someone do my makeup, I loved the results!
I am wearing:
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW18
- MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW20
- MAC Bronzing Powder (she didn’t write down the shade)
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (all over eyelid)
- MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown (upper crease)
- MAC Technakohl Eyeliner in Graphblack
- MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lust (Tropical Taboo Face Collection)
- MAC Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow in Pinkluxe
- Pink lip liner & lipglass which she didn’t write down.
- Set with powder which she didn’t write down.
I got my makeup done around 11am and wore it for the entire day until about 10 or 11pm when I took it off. The makeup wore well for the day, although I did notice some shiny spots peek through on my t-zone (and I don’t think I have oily skin) which I could have taken care of had I had some powder on hand. I also think the NW18 color in foundation matches my skin tone very well, and I didn’t feel like a clown wearing it.
Overall, I think MAC cosmetics live up to their name of providing great coverage & concentrated pigments, but they are fairly pricy. I didn’t purchase anything after I got my makeup done because I wanted to see how my skin reacted to it, but I am definitely a fan! I managed to snag the Haute & Naughty mascara, probably my most favorite product, off Ebay for $10.75 and it is on the way to me now.
Disclaimer: This post was written based off my personal experiences. I have no affiliation with the company mentioned above and not compensated in any way. All opinions are 100% my own.