My family and I aren’t big breakfast eaters. Even when we rise early rarely do we stop and take the time to fix us something to eat in the morning. However, when I got the chance to buy a few boxes of Aunt Jemima’s Frozen Pancakes in Buttermilk and Homestyle flavors, I decided to give the whole breakfast thing a try.
It has been said that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day and that children who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to consume healthier diets & be more physically active throughout their adolescent and teen years. Luckily, Aunt Jemima offers a wide variety of quick and easy breakfast solutions ranging from frozen pancakes and waffles to entrees that have eggs, sausage or bacon. You can even create your own special breakfast theme and personalize your pancakes with creative toppings and sides so there is no reason to not eat breakfast in the morning!
Personally, I love my pancakes plain and simple topped with Original Aunt Jemima syrup and the frozen pancakes were no exception. They were light and fluffy and tasted just as a pancake made from batter would! Even though, I like my pancakes simple, if you’re into fruit, yogurt and peanut butter Aunt Jemima has some great recipes for you to try…
Nutty Homestyle Hotcakes
- Aunt Jemima Frozen Homestyle Pancakes
- Peanut Butter
- Apple or Banana Slices
- Prepare two Aunt Jemima Frozen Homestyle Pancakes in a toaster oven or microwave according to package
- Spread peanut butter on top of one pancake
- Spread honey on top of the other pancake
- Place apple or banana slices on top of peanut butter
- Make a sandwich out of the two pancakes and go!
“I’ve Seen the Light” Lite Stack
- Aunt Jemima Frozen Low-Fat Pancakes
- Low-Fat Lemon or Vanilla Yogurt
- Sliced Strawberries
- Prepare Aunt Jemima Frozen Low-Fat Pancakes in a toaster oven or microwave according to package and place on a plate
- Place the sliced strawberries around the pancake
- Prepare two tablespoons of low-fat lemon or vanilla yogurt and place on top of the pancake to serve with syrup
Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes are available in the freezer section of grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $2.69 for a package of 12 pancakes. They come in a wide variety of flavors – Homestyle, Buttermilk, Low Fat, Whole Grain, Blueberry and Mini – as well as the newest flavor Confetti!
Disclaimer: I was provided with 2 coupons good for a free box of Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes in order to write this review. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are 100% mine.
TAGS: coupons, food, recipes